This started out as a really funny story about how I was mad at Steen for getting me a Valentine's present that I didn't want instead of something romantic. I put off scheduling my "learn to fly" experience because I was sort of terrified of the idea of taking control of the plane. Steen finally scheduled it after our crazy summer. On Labor Day we trekked out to airport #2 and I flew a plane over Salt Lake City and now get to cross off number three on my conquer 25 list.
You don't often get a good look of the benches from commercial jets, so it was cool to fly over it all in a plane where you could see out of every window. I liked flying the plane, but it gave me a bit of anxiety so I couldn't enjoy the views while I was in control.
^^^downtown slc and rice-eccles from the sky^^^
I would definitely do this again - it wasn't the typical Valentine's gift but it ended up being one of the best.
(Steen got our flight thru ksldeals. I know I always wondered, "how safe can a discount plane ride be? Does anyone actually do this?" Yes. We did it. And we're alive. The Leading Edge guys were really cool. Sooo now you know it's legit and you can buy one too.)
No comments:
Post a Comment