We had already opted out on the hotel room or mini-vacation (because we're saving for a BIG anniversary trip a few years down the road)... but due to the ridiculous illness that came with the absolute worst timing, we also weren't able to celebrate in the small way we had planned. Mr. hoped for a dinner and date for Saturday, which didn't happen, since I couldn't eat anything outside my bread, banana, and applesauce diet. Instead we took a ride around town just spending time together, rented Date Night, and ate Gatorade slushies. Not romantic you might say... but I was so happy recognizing I had someone to share my awesome and crummy days with, a loving husband who would abandon all plans just to snuggle in bed while I was so sick. Sunday didn't bring much more excitement, but it was a great day nonetheless. My mom saved the top layer of our wedding cake and even though I was reluctant a year ago, I was glad we had something to remember our special day with... and it still tasted amazing! We finished our evening with homemade Cafe Rio Pork Salads (my mom has the best recipe) and reminiscing about the past year. We are so happy to be married. We had an incredible anniversary. Husband, thanks for such an amazing day, year, & well... marriage. But more importantly, for being such an amazing husband and my best friend.
9.15.2010
one year
This past Sunday we celebrated our first anniversary! I cannot believe we've been married for a whole year... time flew.
We had already opted out on the hotel room or mini-vacation (because we're saving for a BIG anniversary trip a few years down the road)... but due to the ridiculous illness that came with the absolute worst timing, we also weren't able to celebrate in the small way we had planned. Mr. hoped for a dinner and date for Saturday, which didn't happen, since I couldn't eat anything outside my bread, banana, and applesauce diet. Instead we took a ride around town just spending time together, rented Date Night, and ate Gatorade slushies. Not romantic you might say... but I was so happy recognizing I had someone to share my awesome and crummy days with, a loving husband who would abandon all plans just to snuggle in bed while I was so sick. Sunday didn't bring much more excitement, but it was a great day nonetheless. My mom saved the top layer of our wedding cake and even though I was reluctant a year ago, I was glad we had something to remember our special day with... and it still tasted amazing! We finished our evening with homemade Cafe Rio Pork Salads (my mom has the best recipe) and reminiscing about the past year. We are so happy to be married. We had an incredible anniversary. Husband, thanks for such an amazing day, year, & well... marriage. But more importantly, for being such an amazing husband and my best friend.
We had already opted out on the hotel room or mini-vacation (because we're saving for a BIG anniversary trip a few years down the road)... but due to the ridiculous illness that came with the absolute worst timing, we also weren't able to celebrate in the small way we had planned. Mr. hoped for a dinner and date for Saturday, which didn't happen, since I couldn't eat anything outside my bread, banana, and applesauce diet. Instead we took a ride around town just spending time together, rented Date Night, and ate Gatorade slushies. Not romantic you might say... but I was so happy recognizing I had someone to share my awesome and crummy days with, a loving husband who would abandon all plans just to snuggle in bed while I was so sick. Sunday didn't bring much more excitement, but it was a great day nonetheless. My mom saved the top layer of our wedding cake and even though I was reluctant a year ago, I was glad we had something to remember our special day with... and it still tasted amazing! We finished our evening with homemade Cafe Rio Pork Salads (my mom has the best recipe) and reminiscing about the past year. We are so happy to be married. We had an incredible anniversary. Husband, thanks for such an amazing day, year, & well... marriage. But more importantly, for being such an amazing husband and my best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Anniversary, you two! So you LIKE being married? That is a GOOD thing!
ReplyDelete